Discovering the ore’s legacy is our proposal for a new and different experience for this summer. The “minas do alemão”, today deactivated, they have always remained in the shadow of the Minas da Panasqueira. It reveals a unique landscape over Estrela sul and Serra da Gardunha, where the relationship with the river Zêzere is very close.
A visit with a very strong historical and rural component, in a unique project in the country, now converted into a tourist perspective. They were awarded to be the setting of the historical series“ The Spy”, a successful series of RTP1.
Mine visits program – ore legacy
09h30: Meeting point: PT Data Center, Covilhã (Lat: 40.268181 / Long: -7.4974678)
Local guide presentation | NAG – Animactiva.
Departure to the starting point of the program in your own vehicle
10h15: Guided tour of the Minas Gerais galleries of the former “Minas do Alemão” – ore legacy, Covilhã, including:
- Visit to the old mining exploration, with geological, mineralogical and biological explanation.
- Visit to the Mining Interpretation Center.
- Visit to the interior of the gallery 1.
- Includes homemade ginjinha, inside the mine and souvenir
12h30 / 13h00: Scheduled time for the end of the program.
- Delivery of tourist documentation and farewell.
The displayed price includes:
- VAT at the current legal rate.
- Personal accident and civil liability insurance.
- Local guide | NAG – Animated throughout the entire program
- Mining Protection Equipment
We advise our clients to bring them to the activity and use their own Personal Protection kit, according to their needs.
It will be available to our customers during field activities and whenever they need it and as a reinforcement of their individual equipment: